"I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I have just lived the length of it. I want to live the width of it as well"

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Surgery.....

We had an unexpected surgery on Jon in the month of August. Yes, I know right, at the beginning of FOOTBALL Season.....NOT GOOD!!! Well he got hit on his lower leg and was diagnosed with compartment syndrome. I found this out because I took him to the Instant Care in Orem because he had alot of pain in his leg and his foot was going numb. I have never even heard of such a thing.....So, we took him to a sports medicine doctor and he confirmed the previous diagnose and scheduled the surgery for the next day. They went in and cut his Fascia to relieve the pressure. The surgery went well, it only took an hour. The doctor put a soft cast on and we had it removed on Aug 31st. He is now in physical therapy and we hope to be playing football by Sept 17th for the Orem high School game. Here are a few pictures.....

No comments: